Business Performance Research
Over the last 10 years I have carried out many research projects into how small businesses use the internet, how they interact with IT, how they collaborate and how they manage their staff. We talked to many earlier adopters and we looked at how they network, how they sell and what makes people choose one website rather than another. We looked what difficulties the IT distribution channel with their sales activities and developed a training programme to help a major IT sales player improve its ablity to sell to small business. We developed guidelines for engaging small business in e=procurement programmes and produced training materials to enable small transport companies in Eastern Europe.
We’re skilled at getting owner managers to talk frankly about their problems and with getting to the nub of what would constitute a solution.
So if you have a research project that involves establishing how small businesses think I’m sure we can help you. You need someone who’s used to integrating these perspectives and who can work creatively but be grounded in the realities of small business life.
To help you evaluate, here are some of the projects we’ve carried out.They’re grouped by topic so you can see whether we can help you.
If they strike a chord telephone us on 0845 094 0407
Corporate Sales and Marketing
- Researched indirect sales channel for a major computer manufacturer and devised a training curriculum to address sales issues
- Sales qualification methodology and training programme for a major PC retailer. Implemented a national roll-out and successfully trained their in house trainers.
- Consulted with major mobile telco about how to offer IT products to the small business sector.
- Develop and deliver workshops on e-marketing for Chartered Institute of Marketing
- Recent project on what makes consumers choose one web site rather than another
Workforce Development Projects
- Psychometric assessment programme for cabin crew for major Airline
- Research and best practice dissemination project for SEEDA about workforce development in the horticultural sector.
- We distribute the Brain Technologies suite of products – BrainMap, Mindmaker6 etc.
Business training commissioned by Government and Third Sector
- Developed e-commerce training programmes, video case studies, workbooks and advisor training materials for “Broadband in a Box” campaign plus numerous fact sheets and IT training materials. All for Ukonline for Business programme
- Assumed research director role for national e-procurement project
- e-Commerce training programme for east European transport companies under EU Leonardo project
- Position papers on difficult education issues like Digital Divide and educating older people for Welsh Assembly Government.
Joint Research with Higher Education Institutions
- Collaboration with Brunel, RHUL, Kingston and Southampton Universities researching how SMEs use IT and the Internet and developing training programmes to help them with using the internet for collaboration, marketing and networking.
Typical Project Structure.
You get a holistic, creative solution which is well thought out and pragmatically delivered.
So you get the results you want.
Off the shelf business programmes are available from our How to do Business site
To discuss possible projects contact me on 0845 094 0407